Sunday, May 18, 2008

Rockin the Mic

it's me. stealing from a comment that I posted on No Regrets' blog:

"I tend towards a fly by the seat of my pants and see what feels right kind of adventure. Hubby's been in france for one week and we've already sold one of our cars, sold the house, and OOOOPS set the closing date for may 29th. What the F^&K was i thinking?! Did i mention i have a toddler and no family around me? OK, let's face it i have to stop being shy and/or i have to start shelling out some bucks for movers. I told my boss that my departure is probably going to be in july, which is many months earlier than I initially told him - I said "late fall" when I'd really meant early fall. This time I said early July when I really meant mid to late June. But hubby still has to get a job and I still need a visa. Two pretty big details."

So Big Problem. Closing date is May 29th. Just me and a toddler.
Mr French has a job interview set on Tuesday. He has some updates about the visa since he visited the prefecture, but i thought that was where to go for the carte de sejour; not the visa - though we all know you have to have the visa so that you can get the carte and can be "correct".

So today the plan is to talk to the next door neighbor and see if her kids can be bribed, er, paid to move the boxes that hubby already packed. Oh yeah, i wanted to check into PODS to see if that's an alternative storage method. I'll be back........ah hah! as i thought! No international moves (except canada). Just as well since i already rented a storage space but i thought it would be nice to not have to move twice.

I don't want to do anything today... :-(
I'm tired of being sick and i am sick of being tired. Cliche but true. Gonna watch desperate housewives on dvd for a bit...

1 comment:

Non Je Ne Regrette Rien said...

Hi there! a tip - craigslist.org is your friend. Can you believe I got someone to come over at 9:30pm and cart away ALL my garage sale leftovers plus about 12 hefty bags of trash from my front and side yards? for $50 bucks (seemed like a deal to me) it was a FULL Ford F150 full plus the back of a station wagon. They did all the loading. Post what you need and what you are willing to pay under "gigs" and the calls will start magically coming in. Also check out the moving links I have on my blog, they weren't just for int'l moves.

If you have any questions I can help with, let me know. Oh ... and my yard sale? I made enough to pay for my daughter's flight, the moving truck, the gas for 800 miles AND a few hundred leftover. So it was worth the backbreaking labor, especially since on top of it all, things are exponentially more organized. and diminished. ;-) Hang in there. you CAN do it!!!