Monday, May 19, 2008

The confusion is just beginning

My thoughts are getting so jumbled. I can't figure out what to do first. My friend reminded me today that I was able to focus on "selling my car" and able to accomplish it by breaking the task down into pieces...and that i could do the same thing for everything else i need to do. However, I need to know if the closing can be moved to the end of June instead of May 29th. The buyer is checking with his landlord to see if he can extend his lease and I will know tomorrow.

1 comment:

Non Je Ne Regrette Rien said...

what i did was start with making a list of all the big things I knew I had to do (example: move out of house), regardless of dates. I put them in categories (France, US-house, personal, etc) as best I could.

I then started making lists of tasks for each big thing. Then, where I knew I had a drop dead date, I put it in. after that, estimates of how long each task might take so I'd know when I had to start to finish by drop dead date.

This sounds like extra work, but when I was done, it relieved my worry a bit because I had it organized and every time I get anxious I go back and review the list .... calms me down. Also as I finish things I can check them off, and that helps me feel in control of it too.

You CAN do it, and it will be done!