Monday, April 28, 2008

Why am i scared to write more?

I don't know why. It all goes back to 1995, when i showed my poetry to Prof. Gordon Grigsby and he told me that it wasn't very good. I admired him as a professor and I let his opinion kill something deep within me. This is not a revelation to me. I have accepted it as a fact that Dr. Grigsby killed my love for writing and yet i know i am still *good* at it, but only in a very technical sense. I can writing training manuals and grad school papers with the best of them but when it comes to personal writing that's public, the mirror of my soul has been shattered.

That's something that I haven't totally connected with until now - that blogging is hard for me because it's putting a piece of me out for "critique."

I was thinking about a blog called "my secret blog" or something like that...but of course:
http://mysecretblog.blogspot.com/
http://shhhmysecretblog.blogspot.com/
These are just 2 - and they're defunct...only 4 entries in one of them.

No comments: