Monday, March 31, 2008

Livret de famille has arrived!

Now that we have the livret de famille, we've paved the way for dealing with french administration. There are less than 6 weeks until my husband flies to France - we bought his ticket last weekend and he leaves May 8th. We bought a round-trip ticket that returns on June 4th in case things don't work out, but that seems highly unlikely.

My best friend in Albuquerque asked me what my mother thinks of us moving to france and I said that I don't think it's really sunk in for her...then i realized that it really hasn't sunk in for me either!

Also, on the day i told my mom about husband's trip to france we thought there was about a 20% chance of him being staying. We thought - or at least I thought that he would go, make sure it's what he really wants, put out some feelers and then we'd come back in September and we'd start the process of setting up house at that time. Husband and baby would stay in France and I'd return to the US to sell the house and pack and move.

Now the reality is that, if things really start to move, I could be selling the house in august or september instead of starting the process at that time.

No comments: