Tuesday, December 16, 2008

French lessons

My french is getting better. I was actually the teacher for my french class last week - basically i was a 'discussion leader', but still it was a nice boost to my confidence...and i wasnt nervous at all.
I've started a new french class this week (i need cheap classes and this fits the bill and is quite good!) and i really like it - it's more challenging than the one that I have been going to. Tommorrow i am going to start helping out a "homework help" session for neighborhood kids. I'll help them with their english homework, but i will be using my french too, so that will be good and I have really been wanted to do something "benevolent" - though i need to start working too. I put in my first job application yesterday, which was a big milestone!

1 comment:

La Framéricaine said...

Kudos on your language-learning progress, Stephanie. Both your classes and your volunteering to share your knowledge of English sound very satisfying. You are giving me hope for the future.

Amitiés,