Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Expat Psychology

I've been seeing a counsellor over here and you can imagine that it's a bit of a challenge to talk to a psychologist in another language - but i think it taps into the emotions just as deep - maybe deeper. She asked me to recall a moment when i was truly happy and I just started crying because my response in my head was so complicated - so many qualifications, such as, "i was happy at this point, BUT..." "Looking back, it was a happy time, but at the moment i didn't appreciate it"...I'm aways striving for something else and I keep forgetting things.

I've been journalling again - on paper. Maybe i'm just a pen and ink kinda gal. Who knows, maybe I'll reinvent my web presence sometime soon because I am feeling better.

1 comment:

La Framéricaine said...

Stephanie,

I am so happy to find that you are back at jotting down a few things from time to time so your fellow (isn't there a female version of fellow?) bloggers can keep up with you.

I've been seeing a therapist for the past 2-3 months due to the realization that I was having panic attacks and that the impending move to France was going to need extra psychological support. I only hope I will be able to find one in Boonville, France, when I finally get there in April.

Amitiés,